Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Big Move






Vroom, vroom as the 1970 Chevy impala convertible came roaring down the streets, and its rusty gray and blue exterior the car had smelt like dirty laundry and sweat, Vince had felt sick to his stomach the fist time they opened the car door since it was a used car it was in good condition, as a loud BANG!!! Came out of the exhaust pipe and a cloud of smog came flowing out, it would have made a hatchback seem like a gift from the gods. A giant hole sat right underneath Vince’s feet which nearly gave him frost bite on the way out to California, because leaving in December, in Pittsburg was a good idea or was it? As Vince ponders this question thinking what if he is wrong about moving? The car had a heater that rattled like an earthquake. He was thinking, “I am going to be moving to California and get a steady paying job, find a place I can call my own then I can settle down and start my family.”
There Vince sat wearing blue jeans and a t shirt that was plain dull and out of style. His hair blew in the wind as he drove down the streets, mountains, plains on his way the wind came whirling in like a howling tornado, through gaping holes; the amount of duck tape and paper towels it took to patch up most of the holes was amazing. As Vince turns to his buddy, “Ok dude I can’t wait till we get there, the smell of the ocean, the warm temperature and all the cool job opportunities.”
Eric responded, “Like man, we are going to get a lot of hot girls out in California.”
Vince hesitated for a second and said, “I am sorry man you’re going to have to babe hunt without me I’ve already got my eye on some pretty tang, back in Pittsburg.”
Eric responded, “Cool that’s fine by the way, when we get there you will meet my grandmother she is the one who is letting us stay there till we can get our feet on the ground, and make a life out here in sunny California.”
“Hey Eric I’ve got a question. What do you feel right now and what will you miss back at home?”
“Well I feel happy but also sad because we are leaving behind our old lives, well I know one thing I will miss, I will miss waking up in the morning and walking out into the snow to fetch the morning paper, it might seem stupid but the feeling of warmth against the cold frozen earth.” As the car rattled and the stereo blasting Vince thought of his new adventure, and also his new start on life.”
As the car rattled and the stereo blasting Vince thought of his new adventure, and also his new start on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment